Heather A. McKenzie, M.D., C.W.S.P.
A Texas native, Dr. McKenzie brings years of experience to helping patients heal difficult wounds.
She is dedicated to caring for the patient as a whole to optimize outcomes in wound treatment and amputation prevention that include arterial and diabetic ulcers, specialty wound dressings, offloading casting, compression therapy, negative pressure wound therapy and skin substitutes.
When she is not taking care of the needs of her patients, Dr. McKenzie enjoys spending time with her teenage son. She also enjoy reading and finds cooking to be therapeutic.
- Doctor of Medicine: University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio
- Rehabilitation Medicine Internship: University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, Texas
- Rehabilitation Medicine Resident: University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, Texas
- American Board of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- American Board of Wound Management
- Certified Wound Specialists Physicians
Societies and Organizations
- Bexar County Medical Association
- Texas Medical Association
- American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- American Professional Wound Care Association