PVA Video Scholarship Contest
Calling All Emerging Filmmakers!
Peripheral Vascular Associates (PVA) is seeking a talented student, or a group of up to three individuals, to produce a promotional video highlighting the services we provide. PVA will reward a scholarship in the amount of $3,000 to the winning individual or team.
For more information see our contest rules outlined below and download and submit our application.
About the Contest:
Peripheral Vascular Associates (PVA) is seeking a talented student or a group of up to three individuals at a local university or college in San Antonio to produce a three to four minute promotional video. The video must highlight PVA and the services we provide to our patients. The footage will be shot at our Downtown location (610 N. Main) and will include interviews with physicians, staff, and patients. PVA will reward a scholarship in the amount of $3,000 to the winning individual or team. The funds will go directly to the university to be applied towards tuition charges for the Spring 2018 semester immediately following the conclusion of the contest. Selected student(s) will be acknowledged by name within the promotional video for their production.
Founded in 1975, PVA is the largest single specialty vascular group in the nation. With 23 vascular surgeons and 20 clinic locations throughout South Texas, we are committed to providing complete and comprehensive state-of-the-art care to the residents of San Antonio and South Texas. Our mission is to continually work with our physician colleagues in the management of any vascular problem, to provide education to the community about the risk factors associated with peripheral arterial disease (PAD), and to maintain our position as the leader in vascular care. For more information on PVA, visit www.pvasatx.com.
Submit your pitch ideas to Rebecca Martinez by Friday, September 8th at 5pm. Here are some questions to think about as you complete the application. Please keep all responses clear and concise.
- Outline a 3 to 4 minute video that clearly road-maps your vision and how it aligns with PVA’s mission to providing the best vascular care to our patients
- Tell us the motivation behind your creative direction and why you want to pursue this project
- Why should you or your team be selected to depict PVA’s story and how can you apply your expertise in producing a narrative that captures our mission?
- What do you want your audience to feel and/or do after watching your video?
August 28th: Contest opens up
September 8th: Pitch submissions and application due by 5PM
September 22nd: Pitch Finalists will be notified via email
November 17th: Final video submissions due by 5PM
December 11th: Winning individual or team notified via email
Late December: Screening event at Downtown location
Rules and Eligibility:
- Participant(s) must be currently enrolled student(s) at a regionally accredited university in San Antonio, Texas, preferably pursuing a degree in Communications/Mass Media Studies, Film, Marketing/Advertising/Public Relations, or a closely related field.
- Participants may enter as a sole individual or a team of three people maximum.
- Upon submission, the final completed product will become property of PVA in every aspect of ownership rights. Students may use the video within their portfolio of accomplishments.
- PVA will receive all raw and edited footage used in the production of the completed video.
- PVA also maintains final say on all footage and editing rights.
- PVA reserves the right to retain all submitted material.
- Students must submit video through YouTube or Vimeo only. YouTube accounts must not be on Private and a direct link must be submitted.
For more information please contact Rebecca Martinez, PVA Director of Communications, at 210-300-0771 or firstname.lastname@example.org.